So, your dentist has recommended splint therapy. What now? There are some important questions that you need to ask before committing to a treatment plan.
1. What is the the expected outcome? Why is this particular splint being recommended for me?
2. What are my other options?
3. What happens if my pain increases?
4. Do I wear the splint during the day? Night? or both? Can I take it out to eat?
5. How long before I feel some improvement?
6. If the splint does not work what are the next steps that we need to take?
7. How often will the splint need to be adjusted? How much will it cost?
8. If my bite is wrong, how will you determine the right bite in order to make
9. Is this splint just the first in a series of phases? If so, what phases will
10. Will insurance cover the cost of the splint and follow-up treatments?
11. Do I have to sign a financial contract with you before start of treatment?